Week 6 of ceramics

This week I got to see the results of the bisque firing of my kitty stones. Some colors changes in ways that I did not like. An example is the Barnard sig turning into a dull poopy brown. The white OM4 sig did not do well on the red terra cotta clay body. It sloughed off in some areas or turned into a crunchy looses skin. The red sig became much brighter. Hopefully the pit and sagger firings will give them richer colors. I also modified my stone idea. I started making river stones with realism in mind. So using the natural colors of the sig I can hopefully fool people into thinking they are real. I also sponged on different colored sigs to create variations in the stones. So far I’m impressed by the unfired version. Hopefully they will look good when fired.

 

Advertisements